Course Code BAG208
Learn all about chickens and other poultry.
- Advance employment or careeer opportunties
- Improve a commercial poultry business you own, manage or work in
- Raise and sell eggs as a part time small business
- For a greater understanding of how to raise and care for poultry
- Keep poultry at home as pets or to increase your level of self-sufficiency
- As a credit toward a certificate or diploma
- Follow a passion you have for birds or agriculture
Whether you are commercially looking after poultry or keeping them at home for eggs or meat this is a great course to inform you on poultry production. It is designed to further knowledge about chickens and other poultry and enable you to analyse and make decisions about the management requirements of poultry.
There are 8 lessons in this course:
Lesson 1: Introduction, Terminology and Breeds
Lesson 2: Poultry Nutrition
Lesson 3: Diseases
Lesson 4: Layers
Lesson 5: Broilers
Lesson 6: Incubation
Lesson 7: Brooding
Lesson 8: Record Keeping, Economics and Marketing
There are no general entry requirements for this course, just your drive, motivation, and passion for the industry. You may enrol into this course at any time and begin studying shortly after enrolment.
Duration study load
We allow up to 12 months to complete this course, although your actual completion time may be less depending on prior experience and the time you commit to your study. Approx 100 hours.
GROW Training Group offers a range of payment plans to suit any budget.
Course fees include course delivery and assessment, study materials and dedicated student support services.
On completion of this course, a Statement of Attainment in Poultry will be issued.