Self Sufficiency 1
Course Code ASS100
Learn how to become more self sufficient and develop a more sustainable future.
During this course you will learn the:
- Importance of good nutrition and health.
- Importance of suitable clothing and clothing care.
- Relevance and application of horticulture to self sufficiency.
- Cultivation and use of herbs.
- Main requirements for successfully raising animals.
- Available alternatives to eating meat.
- Building techniques that can be used to construct buildings.
- Alternatives to conventional energy sources.
- Accessible craft and country skills that may contribute to self sufficiency.
- Changes in lifestyle to increase a person’s level of self-sufficiency.
This course with show you how to be more self-sufficient, save money, live healthier, change your thinking and reduce your environmental footprint.
There are 10 lessons in this course:
Lesson 1: Understanding the possibilities
Lesson 2: Health, Nutrition and Clothing
Lesson 3: Horticulture – Fruit and Vegetables
Lesson 4: Horticulture – Herbs
Lesson 5: Animal Husbandry
Lesson 6: More Animal Husbandry
Lesson 7: Building
Lesson 8: Energy
Lesson 9: Craft & Country Skills
Lesson 10: Making Decisions
There are no general entry requirements for this course, just your drive, motivation, and passion for the industry. You may enrol into this course at any time and begin studying shortly after enrolment.
Duration study load
We allow up to 12 months to complete this course, although your actual completion time may be less depending on prior experience and the time you commit to your study. Approx 100 hours.
GROW Training Group offers a range of payment plans to suit any budget.
Course fees include course delivery and assessment, study materials and dedicated student support services.
On completion of this course, a Statement of Attainment in Self Sufficiency 1 will be issued.