Course Code BEN206
Learn all about wildlife and ways to conserve it.
During this course you will:
- Develop a concept of the guiding principles of wildlife conservation and the threats to wildlife.
- Determine the principles and approaches used towards species recovery.
- Discuss the principles of habitat conservation with regards to fragmentation, restoration and the use of protected areas.
- Describe and discuss the various approaches used to conserve threatened species and ecosystems.
- Learn to appreciate the range of flora survey techniques that have been developed to sample fauna for the purposes of conservation.
- Discuss and differentiate between fauna survey techniques that have been developed to sample fauna for the purposes of conservation.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the consequences of overexploitation.
- Discuss and differentiate between marine survey techniques used to conserve marine species.
- Discuss and differentiate the range of planning tools available for farming, urban and residential planning to help conserve wildlife.
- Identify various management techniques used to conserve wildlife.
- Develop a wildlife recovery plan for a species under threat.
There are 10 lessons and assessments to complete in this course:
Lesson 1: Introduction to Wildlife Conservation
Lesson 2: Recovery of Threatened Species
Lesson 3: Habitat Conservation
Lesson 4: Approaches to Conservation of Threatened Wildlife
Lesson 5: Vegetation Surveys
Lesson 6: Fauna Surveys
Lesson 7: Marine Conservation
Lesson 8: Planning for Wildlife
Lesson 9: Management
Lesson 10: Wildlife Conservation Project
There are no general entry requirements for this course, just your drive, motivation, and passion for the industry. You may enrol into this course at any time and begin studying shortly after enrolment.
Duration study load
We allow up to 12 months to complete this course, although your actual completion time may be less depending on prior experience and the time you commit to your study. Approx 100 hours.
GROW Training Group offers a range of payment plans to suit any budget.
Course fees include course delivery and assessment, study materials and dedicated student support services.
On completion of this course, a Statement of Attainment in Wildlife Conservation will be issued.